Sentinus Robot Joins oQuay Underwater Inspection Fleet
Dutch inspection service provider oQuay incorporates
Blue Atlas Robotics Sentinus robot into their fleet
Inspection service provider oQuay onboarding Sentinus
- oQuay is a Dutch service provider that specialises in inspections both above and below the waterline.
- The company added a new inspection tool to its fleet – an underwater robot called the Sentinus from Blue Atlas Robotics.
- The Sentinus robot is a game-changer in the world of underwater inspections, offering faster inspections, better results, and intuitive controls.
Underwater robot joins fleet
- oQuay uses innovative techniques and technologies to clearly visualize the condition of hydraulic structures. The company regularly inspects water-based structures such as quay walls, retaining walls, shore walls, and bridges.
- The service provider translates the collected data into valuable insights so that their customers keep a grip on the overall picture, budgets, and risks.
- Blue Atlas Robotics travelled to the Netherlands to demonstrate the capabilities of the Sentinus in person, performing the inspection of a canal wall in poor visibility conditions.
Sentinus demonstrated in Dutch canal
- The demonstration of the Sentinus robot involved a wall inspection in a Dutch canal, where the robot showcased its features and capabilities.
- The inspection footage from the demo showed the robot capturing data, providing high-quality visuals and data in real-time.
- Despite murky water conditions, the Sentinus captured valuable information about the canal conditions, which was then converted into a 3D model of the area.
- Underwater inspections can be challenging due to poor visibility, stability issues, and difficulties in documentation.
- However, the Sentinus robot addresses these problems through its advanced features such as lighting and AI-driven autopilot.
- It can conduct inspections quickly and accurately, even in poor water conditions, while providing stable and intuitive control to the operator.
- During the canal inspection, the Sentinus robot demonstrated its effectiveness in capturing details in challenging environments.
- The wall was inspected by the robot and a 3D model was produced showing visual information about the structure.
3D structure models
- 3D models of inspected structures are a great form of documentation for the clients, which can be revisited multiple times with ease.
- Peter Nieuwenhuizen, the head inspection specialist of oQuay, expressed his excitement about the addition of the Sentinus robot to their fleet, saying, “We strive to provide the best possible insight to our customers, and we are excited to continue pushing boundaries by introducing the Sentinus inspection robot to our fleet.”
Gain a quote for your own Sentinus in-water inspection robot
Blue Atlas Robotics © 2023 | 10 Forskerparken, Odense, Denmark | Ph: +45 29 28 25 48 | CVR: 39944618